On Thursday, January 12, 2017, Governor Phil Bryant announced more bad news as it relates to budget cuts totalling nearly $51 million dollars. These budget cuts impacted almost every state agency and averaged 1.45 percent of each agencies overall budget.
For more information on this matter we invite to read this article in The Clarion-Ledger: Bryant forced to make more budget cuts.
The 2017 Vincent J. Bollon Affiliate Leadership Training Summit (ALTS) offers several new pre-conference events and workshops to help union leaders address current and emerging challenges, as well as run the day-to-day operations of their local.
Scheduled for in Anaheim, California, this premier educational conference provides essentials tools for increasing union leadership skills and better understanding health and safety issues, benefits and employee rights, providing retirement security and much more.
- New! Public Speaking Techniques
- New! Empowering your Fire Fighters
- Create Videos Using Your Smartphone/Tablet
- New Leadership Seminar
- Strategic Decision Making for Advanced Leadership
- Fire Ops 101: Train the Trainer
New Workshop Topics:
- Active Shooter Response
- Work/Life Balance
- Addressing PTSD Through a Peer Support Program
- Cardiovascular Disease in the Fire Service
- Pension Analysis: How to Read and Understand Your Pension Systems Actuarial Report
- MDA 101 & Advanced MDA Fundraising Campaigns
- Overview of the ADA
- And MANY more in the areas of Communication, Health and Safety, Pension Resources, Political Action, Leadership and Union Administration.
Book your room at the Hilton Anaheim Hotel to receive the IAFF discounted rate.
Download the conference brochure to see all that ALTS has to offer.
What's New at PROFAM
Click here to submit application.
This form is automatically submitted to PROFAM. You will receive a confirmation of your request in your email. A letter will be sent to you through the mail in approximately seven (7) days. Present the letter Take the letter and your old tag to the county tag office to apply for your tag. The county tag office will collect the money for your specialty tag. If you are in between renewals there will be a $10 fee added. The specialty tag will be sent to you in the mail in about 5-7 days. In the meantime, the tag office will give you paperwork to store in your vehicle showing you have applied for a specialty tag.Paused